Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Anomaly?

Cystoscopy went well today.  The doctor said that as far as she could tell from the procedure there was real medical reason for the blood in my urine.  However, she did come into the recovery room rather excited to show me something... Apparently I am a medical anomaly:


This is a picture of the inside of my bladder.  I have circled in red the anomaly.  I seem to have two tubes running from my kidneys into my bladder, where the normal thing is to have just one.  This of course means nothing, just that there are two tubes.  She was just really excited about it because she had never seen it before, and being a urologist, I guess this kind of thing really does it for her.  haha.



I am in a good amount of pain from the procedure and my throat is killing me from the airway tube thing they put in.  The doctor had ordered me some pain meds, but unfortunately they discontinued making the kind she prescribed... So 2 hours later I finally get a call from the pharmacist letting me know that she ordered me a different kind... Carson is picking those up now.
I feel bad for him.  He has to stay home with me today instead of being at the office.  He is at least still allowed to work from home, but I know it was an inconvenience for him.  I can tell he is trying to be understanding, though.. which is helpful.
Well, hopefully there wont be anymore medical surprises anytime soon!
Aside from the pain, sore throat, nausea, and dizziness, I'm doing pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really funny that your urologist got all excited (and you're probably right, that kind of stuff just sends docs through the ceiling). I'm sorry to hear your still in pain, you'd think they'd give you some generic painkillers at least to tie you over until they go the order in.. but who knows, doctors definitely have a funny way of operating.
    It's good that Carson can be there for you though, even if it's an inconvenience - That's what a good percentage of marriage is; inconveniencing yourself for your spouse. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsey. If I'm still not feeling better by tomorrow I might call the doctor. I have the pain meds now, and they make me sleepy and relaxed and everything, but they don't really help much with the actual pain itself. I just don't think I'm supposed to be in this much pain for this long under normal circumstances.
    And yes, I'm definitely learning that marriage is all about compromises and inconveniences. :/

    ReplyDelete