Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Forgotten Pleasure

There is nothing more satisfying to me than to create something.
I have spent so much time lately discovering new things to create, like jewelry, or photos, or designs, that I have forgotten my first love, drawing.
Today for the first time in a long time I picked up my pencil and drew in my sketchbook.  I wanted to try something different than what I had drawn in the last few months, so I drew people.  Lately I had been exclusively sketching dogs or other animals.  I had forgotten that people are my favorite thing to draw.

So, I pushed myself a little further by drawing people in yoga poses.  It was both difficult and extremely fun.  I took it a step even farther and overlaid each picture with abstract color in photoshop. With this new found discovery, I have decided to make a goal to draw at least once every day.  I don't want to forget again how much I love it.  It is one of my gifts from God, that I have done as far back as I can remember.  Who am I to push that gift aside and not refine it?  I vow to never again push it aside.




I of course will continue with my new found hobbies, such as painting, photography, dog training, sewing, and jewelry making, and hopefully I will develop those into some kind of career, or higher purpose... But I wont forget about drawing again.

It just feels too good.



 <3

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing artist!!! Truly! This reminds of back in the day when we were all on diaryland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)
    goodness diaryland was a looong time ago, lol.

    ReplyDelete