Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things need to start happening.

We really really need a bigger place. I love our apartment and all, it's perfect for what we needed for this first year of marriage, but I'm starting to feel like we're caving in on ourselves. It's a very very tiny apartment on the third floor, one bed, one bath, 722 sq ft over all.
The lease is up next Halloween, so hopefully by that time Carson will be working at a fire station (fingers crossed for Austin FD), and I will have more weekly cleanings. It would be fantastic if our next place could be a condo, or something with a back yard for our dog.

Right now I'm having problems figuring out where all the Christmas decorations will go. We don't have many, but we also don't have a lot of space to put them.
as it is the tree will have to go behind the couch next to all of my craft items and art supplies, as that's the only open floor space around the perimeter of the room.
So far this is what I have up in the line of Christmas decorations:


 This is what I set up on top of the entertainment center.

 This is on the coffee table... Can you tell we are going with the "frosty" blue and white theme?  No Santa for us.

More lights on Carson's desk. (along with his rookie rope, certificate, and Fire Academy group photo.) (oh and the picture I painted of Strider)

And last, the candles next to the wedding portrait.
So, that is the extent of the decorating so far.  Last thing to do is the tree.  Speaking of which, I still need to make a denim table cloth to go on the table the tree will set on... Should probably do that today.

Stressful time of year.. Brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow, Carson's birthday on the 17th, and then Christmas all in the same month.  Goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on this month! And here I am panicking because of Christmas cramming? Sheesh!

    I know what you mean about needing more space. Josh and I have lived in a 500 sq ft "quadraplex" for the past year and some change... it BLOWS! Especially once he got back from Afghanistan and brought all his gear and whatnot into the mix. We have NO room to maneuver anymore. We tossed around the idea of buying a home or a condo/townhome... but we are going to wait until we have a better idea of what comes next.
    Even for such a small place, you have managed to make it adorable, and the decorations you have set up for Christmas are cuuuute! Very homey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, yes there is so much going on this month, it's insane.
    And goodness, 500 sq ft?? That's crazy, lady! I have no idea how you do it. A home would be great for you guys, especially if there's going to be a new member of the family anytime soon (btw, good luck! how exciting).
    And thank you so much for the compliment. I try really hard to keep it looking nice and organized all the time (well as much as possible right now). <3

    ReplyDelete