Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Few Changes

It's laundry day.  So already today wont be as good as yesterday, however hopefully it can be just as productive.

As you know by now, I have a real hard time focusing on just one task for more than a few days and I tend to jump back and forth between hobbies and ideas.  Well, beginning yesterday I have made up my mind to focus on jewelry making for a while.  Well, at least until I use up my inventory of beads..  I spent a good part of the day taking apart the majority of my jewelry which was made with wire and beads, and remaking them using fishing line instead.  I was told that wire will eventually snap if it is bent too much and that fishing line is strong and should withstand almost anything.  Well, I have yet to perfect the art of making a nearly unbreakable piece of jewelry so all of the pieces I have made are extremely fragile and might actually break eventually...
In fact the choker I had made was a success so I thought, until I was finished taking pictures of it and the clasp loosed from the fishing line and came off... I had to think fast to save the choker (which I refuse to redo considering it took me a long time to make). I ended up fixing it in a not very attractive way which might also end up breaking, but it was the best I knew how to do...  This of course is a bad thing if I ever plan to sell any of it.  I mean, I can always warn people, make them sign a paper saying I wont be held responsible if it breaks and reminding them that it is all HANDMADE and is not in anyway close to perfect. 

I don't know, I'm getting ahead of myself yet again...
On a different note, I started this new workout program called Power 90 and OH MY GOSH OUCH.  I couldn't even make it through the first day of it.  Had to stop after 15 minutes due to leg cramps.  It is tough.
Hopefully this will give me the results I am craving.
This Saturday I also have a hair appointment with my mom's friend who happens to be a hair stylist, Zina.  She is the one who did my hair for my wedding.  I had already chopped my hair off like.. 5 days ago?.. and now I really need her to fix it.  It's not at all what I had in mind.
Once I get it the way that I want it, I will post here with the steps of my hair transformation.
Well, time to go finish up laundry and take the dog out (in the freezing cold might I add), then working out.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, good for you, Sara. I just (like, right now) started my goals for this month. Not nearly as much as you have pushed yourself through. I'm impressed and your jewelry look really pretty, I hope you keep posting your finished products. Sounds like you have found yourself a great workout! Especially if it kicks your butt and you STILL ask for more. haha
    Can't wait to see your new do!

    ReplyDelete