Friday, February 4, 2011

Current Things That Are Going Through My Head

It snowed last night!  First thing I did this morning was go out on my balcony and take pictures, then took some more from the breezeway.  :)  Finally this freezing weather pays off.  It's not much snow, but it's so pretty.  I was all excited to take Strider out in the snow for his morning potty, but then I asked Carson if he had ever seen snow before, and unfortunately he said yeah.  Apparently when they had lived in Idaho they walked him for a brief period of time before the litter box years.  So my enthusiasm disappeared and Carson took him out. :(

When it snows it really really brings back memories of my old dog, Maggie.  We used to put little sweaters on her and she HATED going potty in the snow. lol.  Poor thing. I so took her for granted. It's been like 2 years since we had to put her down but sometimes I still think I'll see her when I go to my mom's house.

Speaking of dogs, our dog, Strider did the rudest thing he has ever done.  Ok, number one I have never seen this dog scoot his bottom on the floor ever, which is weird because pretty much all dogs do it at one point or another.. However, last night he had just gotten back in from his night time potty with Carson, and he jumped up on the couch all happy and excited. 
I was like "Good boy! Who's a good boy? Come here, Bubby!" and he immediately proceeded to scoot his rear end right along the first pillow I ever made in my high school family development class... and yes, it left a stain. It made me SO mad. I scrubbed it and scrubbed it with Clorox wipes and finally got it out, but needless to say Strider is grounded from the couch for a long while... It was so defiant of him!  Like he was looking right at me when he did it. :|  Not cool.  I swear sometimes I see a spark of evil in him. lol.

Anyway, today is my grandma's 87th birthday.  We were going to celebrate it next weekend, however she was just in the hospital for minor reasons the other night so we all figured it would be better to go ahead a celebrate it tonight.  We are all going over to her house tonight for catfish and cake. :)  I'm excited to give her the necklace I made her.  We also got her a pink house dress and a small stuffed giraffe.  I know she'll like it.  I hate to say it but this might be one of her last birthdays where she will actually know what's going on.  Her mind is definitely going fast.  She has had Parkinson's since she was about 80 and a list of other minor things like depression and anxiety, etc.. Her body is still pretty healthy, it's her mind that's going. It's going to be a good birthday.

Speaking of birthdays (I'm actually having a harder time than it seems transitioning though these random topics) I hope that someone gets me a deck of cards for my birthday this year...
It's been a while since I got a new one for my collection.  Yes, little known fact about me, I collect playing card decks.  I have somewhere around 40 right now, and haven't gotten a new one in at least 2 or 3 years.  I have no idea why I like them, I just do.  I have no plans to sell them, or display them even, I just like having them. lol. In fact they are hidden away in a decorative box where no one would even know they exist except people who know me well. :/  Just thought I'd share.

And I really can't think of a segue to this next topic, but I have found my new favorite Fabreze scent!  New Zealand Natural Spring. OMG, it smells like what heaven must smell like, well to me anyway.
I might need to buy like a bunch of these so I can spray it all over my house all the time.
Everyone go out and buy one it smells amazing..
Ok, I'm done now, I'm sure there are more things I could think of to talk about, but I really need to get started with my day.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment