Thursday, February 17, 2011

Graphic Growth

I was feeling graphic designy again tonight, so I decided for a little practice and to just mess around for fun I would make a poster about me, much like the poster I made and printed for Carson.  I decided to push the limits a little with this one... Here it is.

The colors are slightly off but that's just from converting it to a jpeg from the pdf file.
I am pretty pleased with it and am excited to practice with other subjects as well.  I think I'm finding that I really like playing with words and type.  I used to really hate it.

I also really hope that me doing this doesn't look egotistical or self-satisfying or anything, because that's not at all how I feel about it.  If anything it can serve as a reminder that I don't suck, and I am good at somethings.  It's also kind of a motivation for me to keep improving my graphic design.  I don't want to be comfortable with where I am whether it's with my designs, my jewelry, or my walk with God.  I would love to always keep growing and improving in all areas of my life.  As sad as it may sound, this poster is probably the best piece of graphic design work I have done so far... at least in my opinion... And because of that I want to view it as a record to break so to speak.

That actually reminds me of this really cool Christian book I read called "Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson.
I would give a summary of it, but I'm really bad at summaries.. So here's a link to the books website. lol.. http://chasethegoose.com/
Check it out :)

2 comments: