Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Insomnia Again?

This is the second night in a month that I haven't been able to sleep.  

I went to bed about 11:00... Everything was fine, I fell asleep fairly quickly with no problems, then around 12:30, Carson went to bed and woke me up somehow (it might have been Strider making noise that actually woke me up, whatever it was I was up at 12:30)... I tried to go back to sleep but for some reason my body couldn't get comfortable anymore.  I laid in bed for 30 mins, got up played a video game, felt a little sleepy, went back to bed for about 10 mins, and I'm up again.  Wide awake.  This is ridiculous.  There's like no reason I should be awake right now.  I definitely don't sleep in like crazy and I have a pretty regular sleeping routine.. :/  The last time this happened was January 16th.  That night I had fallen asleep for about and hour and a half before I woke up and ended up staying awake watching TV and eating sunflower seeds until about 5:30 am before finally crashing.  It was so weird.. Then again, I'm pretty sure that time had something to do with me being sick, as I was very nauseous that night and was having shoulder pains.
I really don't like this.. I was so looking forward to sleeping tonight, I was all excited to cuddle up under the covers and sleep all warm and cozy.. But noooooo.  :(

In other news (I might as well update, since I'm awake and all), we got the results today for the Austin Fire Department written exam that Carson took a few weeks ago.  He didn't make it. :(  He doesn't want to make a big deal about it, so he's not going to post anything on Facebook.. He said he just wants people to figure it out eventually and move on.  The bright side is that now he can focus easier on his EMT studies.. Unfortunately he wouldn't have needed to do that if he had made it into Austin.  Oh well.. God had a reason for it, I'm sure.. and there's always next year.  And I'm sure by the time he finishes his EMT (which at the latest will be May) there will be a department somewhere around here hiring.

I haven't given up on my jewelry, I just haven't made anything new in the past few days.  The necklace I gave my grandma broke, so that has discouraged me a bit.. but I fixed it and I just need to do more research on materials so it wont happen again to another one of my pieces.
I also will start cleaning my mom's place regularly next week for some extra cash to help us out.  Seeing as I only currently have two cleanings a month that I do with her, it's not much money, and her offering to pay me to clean her house really will help us out a lot.  I'm due to start paying back my student loans this March.. So that will be interesting.. I currently have only enough for about 6 months of payments saved up.. :(  Definitely not even close to covering what this total expense will be.  I have faith though that it will all work out.
So, that's my money situation update..

And I feel like I'm rambling on and on so I will go play WoW or watch tv or something until I crash.  Good night, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Insomnia is the pits:( Sorry you are suffering from it. There has been a few times over the last couple of months that my brain literally would not switch off and it took me forever to get to sleep. I'm hoping that you did manage to get back to sleep and get some rest. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes I finally got to sleep around 4 am and slept til 10 lol.
    Insomnia seems really common among women, but I have never ever really had sleep problems before, so it's strange to me. :/

    ReplyDelete