Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Random Thoughts

So, it has come to my attention, as it does every year around this time that Texas weather is incredibly fickle. :(  And I'm not happy about it.

Today the high is around 33 degrees, and the low is going to be about 15 degrees.  Well, guess what the temperature was yesterday?  High of 77 degrees, and low of 51... WHAT THE CRAP?!  I really really hope it is in the Lord's plan for us to move out of this crazy crazy lone star state.
Over the weekend we had taken down all of our Christmas decorations, which wasn't the original plan... We WERE going to leave them up until possibly the middle or even the end of February.. Well, considering this weekend felt pretty much like Spring was right around the corner we figured what the heck let's start preparing... And now this freeze happens. You know, I bet it will snow as well.. that would be just my luck.  I really wanted it to snow while the decorations were up because we had the whole "snowy, frosty, wintery" theme going on but no.  No snow in Texas.. That is not until February... :(  Ok, rant is over.

In other news, I'm pretty sure my dog, Strider, thinks he is a cat.  It sounds crazy, but I swear it's true.  About the only thing he does that's like a dog is he LOVES food.  And he potty's outside on a leash (which is something that is only recent.. when he was living with Carson's family before we got married they had him using the litter box his whole 8 years of life).. And that's about it.  He sleeps all day, and when he's not sleeping he's grooming himself like a cat.. He doesn't play, he climbs on furniture like as if he has grace and balance (which he doesn't, he has a fat Chihuahua body on long skinny Miniature Pincher legs), and I swear he growls when he likes something like as if he thinks he is purring...?  Plus he is about as skittish as a cat. He runs and hides under the bed constantly. Scared of EVERYTHING. 

Anyway, I have been feeling a little under the weather lately, so that's why I haven't been really posting anything here and haven't made any new jewelry since last week.
Hopefully I will feel better by this weekend.  It's Super Bowl this Sunday and Carson's dad will possibly be coming down to stay with us Sunday night.  I would like to be able to feel like a hostess and not a useless sick lady. :/

Ok.. That's about all I can think of to write atm.. If I think of anything else or if anything super exciting happens, I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Sara!

    You know, I do not miss Texas weather at all! Fickle is definitely to word for it lol. But if we were to ever move back to the states, I don't think we'd move to Texas, I don't like the heat anymore and I love snow too much now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops meant *the word not to word lol

    ReplyDelete