Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Personal Growth

I have no idea where to begin with this post it's ridiculous...
I can't even remember what I have already written about in the last few posts without going back and reading them.
First things first, I need to just get something out here... Marriage is probably the toughest thing I have ever gotten myself into. It can be SO good at times, yet SO SO bad other times. It's like what in the world did I get myself into!
Of course the problem is that I married an imperfect man, and he married an imperfect woman. :( This is something that we both were aware from the beginning, however these past few weeks it has been really difficult to accept that fact.  There are some other personal issues there, but we are taking steps to move forward and mend what has been broken.
Counseling in our church definitely helps.

On a sort of related note, Carson finally got me one of my Christmas presents he promised me (better late than never).
It's a new Bible with my new name on it.  I had one that my mom had gotten me about 2 years ago with my old last name on it, and that just wasn't going to cut it in my new married life.. So we finally bought a new one and had my new name imprinted on the cover. I love it. It's a Women's Devotional Bible and the cover is awesome. Of course it's not just the outside I like, it has a quick one page devotion for every day of the week, plus introductions for every book.  It actually makes me look forward to reading the Bible everyday, which has always been a bit challenging for me.

In other news, I have finally decided on a color for my hair that I would like to maintain.  I know I know I have been so hard on my hair these past few months, just change after change.. Well, I definitely want to keep the length of it and style for a long time, and now I want to keep the color.
Here it is in the bright sunlight...............................And then inside a well light room.


















I think I am finally becoming comfortable with myself as a person and who I am growing up to be. I am no longer hiding and covering up who I am. Dying my hair and (hopefully) getting my new tattoo, are just two steps in this process. My mom's cleaning business is also growing, we just took on a new client, whom my mom will sometime in the near future turn over completely to me. I recently got in touch with an old friend from AIA about putting a decal (which I will be designing) on my mom's car advertising her business, and that ball will be rolling soon. She also loved my t-shirt design for our uniforms, so I will be making more of those as well, great for her business and also for my portfolio.
I would also like to get more involved in my church.. It will be kind of difficult because it is so far away from where we live, and I am still shy and socially awkward, but I really think it would be a good thing for me and for my marriage.

I hope to keep up with my blogging more often.  It just got away from me with all the drama going on.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment