Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Princess Patti's Patio Party!

I would like to update you on the party for my mom!

As you may remember, my sister and I were going to be doing something special for my mom's 60th birthday.  Well, we decided to throw her a surprise party.  We invited a few of her close family friends and my sister thought of a good excuse to get her over to her apartment, where we had the whole thing set up in the covered patio area by the pool.  It of course didn't go EXACTLY as planned, and the decorations began falling down right after she arrived... but at least she enjoyed herself, which is all that matters. :)
The theme was super girly, and the colors were all pink black and white. Here are a few pics of the decorations:



We also made her a scrapbook of the highlights of her life so far.  Both Chris and I picked out the pics we wanted and the background paper and the cover art and the album itself, then I took it home and put it all together. She loved it. It got passed around a few times at the party :)  I was happy she liked it so much. Here's some pics of the cover, the pages and an example finished page:

































It took quite a long time put together, and it had a few bumps in the road along the way, but all and all it was a great success!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! Gorgeous decorations! I love pink and black together. The scrapbook looks amazing, well done! Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Her actual birthday is tomorrow (funny, it's on St. Patrick's Day and her name is Patti, and she had red hair lol), I will let her know you say happy birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete