Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yay! I Get My Fix

I'm getting a new tattoo! :D
I have been wanting a new one for a while now, and have been thinking so hard as to what I want the design to be.  I knew that I needed to keep it small because the bigger you go, the more money it costs..  I also knew that I wanted something having to do with my faith as a Christian.  I thought it was kind of weird that I have two tattoos already and neither of them reflect the most important thing in my life.
So, last night I had this dream about getting a new tattoo.  I had drawn up this design, it was so simple but also effective.  It gets the point across. In my dream I was getting it on my left wrist.  Which I already knew I wanted one there to compliment the one on my right..
So, I woke up and drew up the design on the computer and asked Carson if it would be ok if I get another tattoo (he hates them and didn't want me to get anymore).. Surprisingly he said "Alright, it can be your birthday present" YAY!  As of right now I'm getting the one from my dream and it's going on my wrist.  My birthday is however about a month away so who knows, I may play with it and make it better.
I do want to keep it simple though. I am a very simple person, my style is simple, and my designs are always simplified.  And I love black tattoos, so that's what it's going to be.
Here is the design.
The verse is Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
You know, the more I think about it, it's really a good idea to tattoo my left wrist.  I am going to be totally transparent here for a minute.  When I was a young teenager, I used to cut my wrist.  It was my left wrist that took all the abuse considering I am right handed.. Isn't it just too fitting that now, as an adult, I know the love of Christ and I try my hardest to do only things that are pleasing to the Spirit. On the same wrist I used to curse God, I am putting a permanent mark of my faith in Him.  I thought that was a cool idea. :)
Also, everyone always notices the tattoo on my right wrist and asks about it, to which I really don't have much to say about it.  It was done on impulse and doesn't really have much meaning behind it.. It would be nice to actually have a tattoo that I can talk about and that has a good message attached to it.
Again, it might change a little bit in a month, but that's the basic idea of the design.
Just thought I would share.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment