Friday, April 1, 2011

Waiting for God's Promises

My baby Strider is feeling sick. :(
He had an accident in the hallway two days in a row and vomited three times yesterday.  Poor baby.  He's all curled up looking sad. Maybe it's the peanut butter Carson gives him to keep him quiet when he takes him out to potty.  Hmm, no more peanut butter for this baby. :(  I'll have to pick up some more dog treats next time I go to the store.

Anyway, now for the relevant part of this post. lol.
I was reading my new devotional bible last night and thought I would share, considering it seemed to hit home so well.
The subject of the devotion was "Promises Worth Waiting For".  It talked about the story of Abram, Sarai, and Hagar.. And about how Sarai took matters into her own hands when it came to having a child, and now we see the consequences of it even today with the Arabs fighting the Jews for control over Israel.  Eventually, however, God did fulfill his promise and blessed her with a child of her own.
The point is that God always keeps his promises, it just may not be in our timing.  Jeremiah 29:11-13 says "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
God knows the desires of our hearts, and he wants to give us those desires if we will only wait for his perfect timing.
This was a really good read for me.  It's something I need to keep reminding myself to calm down and have patience.  I want that perfect marriage right now, I want that perfect house right now, and I want those perfect children right now! haha. Number one, nothing in life will ever be perfect. That however is another lesson for another day.  Number two, if God doesn't want me to have it RIGHT NOW, then I'm definitely not going to get it RIGHT NOW.  And if I decided to take matters into my own hands, the result will be years of heartbreak before God eventually turns it into a blessing.  I could do it that way... or I could just pray about all of it, work a little at a time and WAIT for God's perfect timing of his perfect plan for my life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post, Sara. I have only recently come to realize and accept this. I always become so anxious to get pregnant or to get to a place in our lives where Josh won't deploy as often. I think of when I first wanted to get pregnant and the experiences I would have missed out on because I was expecting. There are so many people I have met in the time between then and now, and I realize that we probably wouldn't have met or become anything more than acquaintances. It's clear that God has a plan... He knows what our lives hold, and even with all the force in the world, we can't change His plan. All resisting will do is make us worry and become stressed.
    It is no easy task, accepting the way things are, but it really is a great thing. I hope your little Strider starts feeling better. It's always scary when our babies get sick without warning. Take care, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete