Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hope on the Horizon

All I can say right now is thank goodness for Thomas (and for God, first of course).  Carson's boss and best friend came over last night to talk to both of us about what is going on in our marriage.. He gave some really really good advice and I think he's probably the best person to explain things to Carson.. A lot of what he had said was stuff that I have already told Carson over and over and over again, and stuff the Pastor at our church has told him, but for some reason Thomas knows how to explain it in Carson-speech or something and he seems to understand it.  It still came down to and ultimate choice by Carson to either throw in the towel or keep this train rolling.. All this meeting did was reassure him that our marriage was normal and that all marriage is going to absolutely suck at times, it's all just a matter of doing the loving things anyway, even if you don't feel like it.. even if we're in a down time of total suckage, we still have to do nice things for each other because we made the commitment, and then after we do those nice things and make those sacrifices, we are reminded that we love that person.
Anyway, long story short, he chose to stay last night and work through this. I'm still skeptical that his decision wont change one day when things aren't going too great... but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt this time and I'm not going anywhere either.
Thank you thank you those of you who prayed for us.  I truly believe that Thomas doesn't get all the credit. lol.  God put it in Carson's heart to text Thomas last night, God put it in Thomas's heart to want to come and help, and God helped Carson make that (albeit slow) move to stay.
Thank you, Thank you, Jesus! For giving us another chance at this. :)
Things aren't back to normal yet.. it will take time, probably weeks before we all feel better and actually see the benefits of sticking this out.. but I have always thought it would be worth it eventually.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! It's sometimes really hard to stick something out when you just feeling like running away, but I pray that Carson will stick to that commitment he made to you and to God! And that in 80 years time you guys will look back on this as a time of character building and a strengthening of your relationship! You have my prayers sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers, Eva. You have no idea how much I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in praying about this. My family of course is praying as well, but it just makes me feel so much better knowing that an unbiased friend is praying for God's will, not my own, but God's perfect will in this relationship. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete